Friday, October 5, 2012

Wallflower

As I said before, I'm always styling my home on a budget and I like it that way.  To me a budget simply means I need to be creative.  We all know that wallpaper is not just for the 70s and 80s, but all of the paper I fall in love with is outrageously priced. I've long been a fan of lightweight fabrics and spray adhesive as an alternative to paper, but stencils are hands down my current favorite.



       Source: savvyhomeblog.com via Rachel on Pinterest

This fun turquoise paper and large leaf wall covering can absolutely be replicated with a large, all-over wall stencil and some patience.

                                             Source: smallspacesblog.tumblr.com via Rachel on Pinterest

This geometric stencil can be found at Cutting Edge Stencils and for a fraction of the price, you can have a similar look if you can find a little time for a weekend project.









Not only are stencils a more affordable option for a designer look, but there are also a number of other inexpensive alternatives like this reclaimed pallet wood installation.

Eclectic Living Room design by Dallas Media And Blogs Jamie Laubhan-Oliver

I've been seeing antlers used in decor everywhere this past year or so and I couldn't be happier.  If you check your local flea markets, you can find them very cheaply.  Placing basic black & whites in oversized frames is also an affordable way to add some serious drama to your space.

Eclectic Dining Room design by Birmingham Interior Designer Betsy Brown Inc

Add inexpensive flat molding to the wall for a sophisticated look that adds architectural detail to an otherwise boring wall.

Eclectic Bedroom design by London Furniture And Accessories Imagine Living

Don't ever be dismayed by your expensive taste - you can get the same look on a budget.

'Til Next Time!
xoxo Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment