Friday, September 7, 2012

So Classic

My favorite palette right now has to be black & white.  I know, I know, so boring, right? I don't think so. I find it so refined and graphic.  Whether I'm adding it to my fall wardrobe or figuring out how to incorporate it into my home, simply put, I'm obsessed!


No. 2 pencil skirt in graphic print jcrew.com
Seriously, can J.Crew make their pencil skirts any more fabulous?  I mean the fit is already perfect, from the silhouette to the length, but this fall they've added some absolutely killer prints.  This little black and white number is rockin'.


I can totally see this skirt dressed down with a tucked in or belted chambray or a brightly hued tee.  Add a pair of lemon-colored skimmers, like my faves from Madewell, and you're set.


Staring at Stars Array Cardigan
urbanoutfitters.com
"Well, hello there lovely cardigan.  I will have you.  Some days I will put a belt around you, but have no fear, you can hang loose from time to time with some leather leggings." 

I told you guys I'm obsessed. But at this price point (only $69), who doesn't want this cardigan from Urban Outfitters?


My current love for black & white is not limited to apparel.  I've been drawn to so many spaces lately that have incorporated this palette and I've been imagining it used in my home in so many ways.  The possibilities are endless ... which is problematic.  Where to start?


Option #1: Keep it simple but more contemporary: Add a pair of gold lamps with black & white ikat pillows to a bedroom or the living room.


Eclectic Bedroom design by Atlanta Interior Designer Dayka Robinson


While Option #2 shares the same lovely gilded accents as #1, it feels more lived-in & in my opinion, has a bit more character by adding this old, natural wood desk to the glossy black accents.  I'm not sure, but given all the antique pieces I have in my home, I'm thinking this is the way to go.

Eclectic Bedroom design by Dallas Media And Blogs Jamie Laubhan-Oliver

Some things are simple indeed.  Just have some fun.

'Til Next Time!
xoxo
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment